Concerns, comments or complaints can be raised in person, by phone, email or in writing.
How your concerns will be managed
If you feel you can raise your concern with a HelpingMinds® staff member you are already connected with, they can work with you to try and resolve the concern. You can also talk to that person’s manager. Most of the time, concerns can be resolved quickly and directly at this level. Should your concern not be satisfactorily resolved, it will be forwarded to the Privacy Officer and a senior manager will investigate the concern.
Our Privacy Officer can be contacted via the form below or telephone (08) 9427 7100.
How complaints will be managed
The Privacy Officer and nominated senior manager who investigates complaints are independent of the service delivery part of HelpingMinds. The following steps will be taken:
• You will receive written acknowledgement of your complaint and advising it will be dealt with as quickly as possible.
• The person managing the complaint will review all information provided, speak to relevant parties (for example staff members, family) to further establish the facts and then make a recommendation about how to best resolve this issue.
• An outcome letter will be sent to you explaining what the investigation concluded and recommendations for resolution of the matter. You will have an opportunity to respond to the letter and confirm if you accept the recommendations. You will have 10 days to provide this response.
How long will it take?
HelpingMinds® aims to resolve your complaint within 30 days.
In dealing with complaints HelpingMinds® will ensure:
• Impartial: All complaints are investigated in a fair and impartial way. No judgements or assumptions will be made and no action taken until the investigation is complete.
• Confidential: The complaint is confidential unless it is about an employee who will be informed and be given the opportunity to respond.
• No victimisation: A person who is making a complaint will not have their access to services changed.
• Timeliness: Every complaint will be finalised as quickly as possible – we aim to complete the process within 30 days from the time the complaint is received.
• Accessibility: We take into account a person’s cultural and linguistic background when dealing with complaints. This can include using interpreters if necessary, and assisting people who are making complaints to record the details.
External Review Resolution
If you are not happy with how HelpingMinds® responded to your complaint, you can contact the Health and Disability Services Complaints Office (HaDSCO) on 6551 7600 or 1800 813 583 (country free number) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, you can lodge a complaint with the WA Ombudsman Western Australia on 9220 7555 or 1800 117-000 (country free call) or at email@example.com / www.ombudsman.wa.gov.au. The Ombudsman’s office generally deals with complaints about Government processes, rather than service related issues.