PAID PARTICIPATION OPPORTUNITY FOR YOUNG PEOPLE
The Mental Health Commission has engaged YACWA to consult with young people about current and future priorities in mental health and AOD services.
All young people who participate in a forum or interview will be paid $35 per hour in vouchers to thank them for their time.
How can young people, aged 12 -24 years, participate?
- One on one interviews. YACWA will be holding a small number of one on one interviews with young people, either in person, phone or via video conference. These interviews will be with vulnerable young people who may need the support of service providers to engage. If you work with a young person who you could support to participate, please get in contact on email@example.com or 0481 169 448.
- Face to face group forums. YACWA are holding two group forums of approximately ten young people, running 6pm to 8pm at Foyer Oxford, Leederville on 8 October and Cockburn Youth Centre on 9 October.
- Virtual group forum. To ensure young people in regional WA or who cannot participate in face to face forums are included, YACWA will run virtual forums as required. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Online survey. YACWA have developed a short survey so that all young people can have their say. We would appreciate your help in sharing this survey to young people you work with and through your social media channels. This is the link to the survey.
- Service provider-led consultation. YACWA can provide you with the consultation materials so that you can speak with individual young people or reference groups who are already engaging with your service.
The consultation period runs from Tuesday 29 September to Monday 12 October.