Employment type: Permanent
Employment Category: Part or Full-time: Monday – Friday, negotiable hours: 30.4 – 38 hours per week
Remuneration: $66,220 – $70,550 (pro rata) per annum + superannuation + salary packaging
HelpingMinds is a highly regarded carer support and mental health services organisation, established over 40 years ago. Our compassionate team of staff and dedicated volunteers throughout the metro and regional areas, provide quality services and support to more than 10,000 children, youth, adults, and families affected by mental illness every year.
We are a value-driven organisation that encompasses the values of Hope, Collaboration, Trust, Integrity, and Respect to provide quality service. We welcome your individuality, your ideas, your passion, and your drive. Our people focused culture and flexible approach will help you to succeed both professionally and personally.
The Access and Inclusion Officer will provide quality intake services, meeting participant needs efficiently and effectively across the Individualised Services team. They will act as a point of contact for referral paths and be responsible for building relationships in the community.
- Providing quality support and intake assessment services to potential, new and existing participants for the Individualised Services team
- Promotion of HelpingMinds services and activities through liaison with local, state and federal government facilities, referral agencies/community groups and other organisations
- Access and inclusion administration duties which include maintenance of accurate client data, completion of referral documentation and reporting.
This position reports to the Care Governance Lead and is offered on a permanent basis. We are looking for someone to work Monday to Friday working anywhere from 30.4 – 38 hours per week. The role is primarily based from our Perth office.
For a comprehensive overview please refer to the Job Description Form available from click here
To be considered for this role candidates will need to have the below essential qualifications and experience.
- A Tertiary level qualification in Psychology, Social Work or Counselling, or a related discipline that provides a sound understanding of knowledge of assessing and working with clients who may be at risk
- NDIS Worker Screening Check, Working With Children Check, Current Drivers License, Current First Aid Certificate
- Demonstrated experience in conducting assessment to determine suitability to service.
- Demonstrated experience dealing effectively with vulnerable clients
- Proven ability to handle complex and difficult telephone conversations
- Ability to work independently and/or with limited supervision
- Demonstrated experience networking with other agencies and developing partnerships and maintaining close working partnerships with other service providers
- Proven ability and success in problem solving to meet the needs of clients, key stakeholder and the organisation
- Knowledge of the NDIS Quality and Safeguarding requirements
What we offer
In addition to joining a professional and dynamic team, you will work in a supportive and positive environment with staff that live by HelpingMinds’ values and have a strong focus on community needs. We understand the importance of health and wellbeing and offer an employee wellness program.
Remuneration and Benefits include:
- Base salary $66,220 – $70,550 (pro rata) per annum (depending on experience) + 10% superannuation
- Generous tax-free salary packaging benefits where you can package up to $15,900 per annum
- Four weeks annual leave (pro rata) with 17.5% leave loading
- Two additional wellness days per year to support your own mental health
- ICT Equipment: Surface Pro laptop, mobile phone
How to Apply
To apply for this position and take the next steps towards a rewarding career with HelpingMinds, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact the Recruitment team on 08 9427 7100
Please note: given the high volume of candidate applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
HelpingMinds is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in the workplace. We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTIQIA+, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, and people with lived experience of mental health issues and of supporting family members with mental health issues.