Access & Inclusion Officer – Child, Youth & Family Services
- The position supports community engagement, promotion of service and the intake process for our Child, Youth and Family Service team
- Permanent full-time opportunity
- $66,220 – $67,367 per annum on a Full Time basis+ superannuation + remote allowances
- Position based in our Carnarvon Office
HelpingMinds® is a highly-regarded carer support and mental health services organisation, established over 40 years ago. Our compassionate team of staff and dedicated volunteers throughout the metro and regional areas, provide quality services and support to more than 10,000 children, youth, adults and families affected by mental illness every year.
We are a value-driven organisation that encompasses the values of Hope, Collaboration, Trust, Integrity, and Respect to provide quality service. We welcome your individuality, your ideas, your passion, and your drive. Our people focused culture and flexible approach will help you to succeed both professionally and personally.
The Access and Inclusion Officer will be the local representative that is responsible for engaging and building relationships within the community, ensuring increased engagement with HelpingMinds, with a focus on HelpingMinds® Child, Youth and Family Services. The position will also provide quality intake services, meeting client needs efficiently and effectively, and facilitate this where needed for all HelpingMinds® programs.
For a comprehensive overview please refer to the attached Job Description Form
This is an opportunity for a client focussed Access and Inclusion Officer with a genuine interest in working collaboratively to ensure effective team goals and client outcomes are met. We are looking for someone who has the ability to work autonomously with a demonstrated ability to consult, liaise and maintain close working relationships with other service providers.
- National Police Clearance (no older than 6 months)
- Current Drivers License
- Working with Children Check
- A Diploma or Degree tertiary level qualification in Psychology, Social Work or Counselling, or a related discipline that provides a sound understanding of knowledge of assessing and working with clients who may be at risk.
- High level written and verbal communication skills including a high level of computer literacy
- Demonstrated experience dealing effectively with vulnerable clients
- Proven ability to handle complex and difficult telephone conversations
- Ability to work independently and/or with limited supervision
- Demonstrated experience networking with other agencies and developing partnerships and maintaining close working partnerships with other service providers
- Proven ability and success in problem solving
- Demonstrated organisation and time management skills
- Well-developed computer skills, including Microsoft office and data reporting programs
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise judgement and discretion
What we offer:
In addition to joining a professional and dynamic team, you will work in a supportive and positive environment with staff that live by HelpingMinds’ values and have a strong focus on community needs. We understand the importance of health and wellbeing and offer an employee wellness program.
Remuneration and benefits include:
- Salary packaging benefits
- Surface Pro laptop
- Four weeks annual leave with 17.5% leave loading
- Remote allowance of $15,000 per annum
- District allowance (per fortnight)
- Annual travel concession payment upon 12 months service
- An additional 5 days annual leave (pro rata) upon 12 months service
- Two additional wellness days per year to support your own mental health
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program
- Annual flu vaccination
How to Apply
To apply for this position and take the next steps towards a rewarding career with HelpingMinds, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact the Recruitment team on 08 9427 7100
Please note: given the high volume of candidate applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Trading as HelpingMinds Limited.
HelpingMinds® Limited is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in the workplace. We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTIQIA+, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, and people with lived experience of mental health issues and of supporting family members with mental health issues