Administration Officer – Child, Youth & Family Services
- This position provides administrative support for the day to day operations of the Child, Youth & Family Services team
- Permanent full-time opportunity
- Base salary + superannuation + generous salary packaging
- Based in our Perth office with the option to work from our other office locations across the Metro area
HelpingMinds is a highly regarded carer support and mental health services organisation, established over 40 years ago. Our compassionate team of staff and dedicated volunteers throughout the metro and regional areas, provide quality services and support to more than 10,000 children, youth, adults, and families affected by mental illness every year.
We are a value-driven organisation that encompasses the values of Hope, Collaboration, Trust, Integrity, and Respect to provide quality service. We welcome your individuality, your ideas, your passion, and your drive. Our people focused culture and flexible approach will help you to succeed both professionally and personally.
We are looking for an enthusiastic all-round administration officer to support the day-to-day operations of the Child, Youth & Family Services team. To be successful in this role you will need to be passionate about making a positive impact and have a willingness to work within HelpingMinds values.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Answering and directing phone calls to relevant team members as well as overseeing team email inboxes, and providing responses appropriately, or delegation to the appropriate team member
- Providing an excellent customer service to internal and external stakeholders
- Scheduling meetings, client appointments, and team events
- Circulating and compiling agenda items and completing minutes.
- Data compiling of client record information to ensure compliance in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Data analysis and research to support internal operational functions.
- Provide administration support for operational planning including event bookings, resource purchasing, catering etc
- Actively collaborate with HelpingMinds Customer Service Officer to ensure smooth organisation of School Holiday Programs.
- Ensure marketing briefs are submitted on time through organisation intranet page.
- General administrative tasks to assist departments as operationally required.
This position reports directly to the Executive Child, Youth & Family Services and is offered on a permanent full-time basis (38 hours per week). The position will be based out of our Perth office with the option to work from other office locations across the Metro area.
For a copy of the full Position Description, please click here
This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic Administration Officer with a genuine interest in working collaboratively to ensure effective team goals and client outcomes are met.
Minimum qualifications and experience:
- Certificate IV Business or Administration
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the administration field
- National Police Clearance (valid within 6 months) & Current Drivers License
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated organisational skills and ability to manage change in a positive manner
- Well-developed IT skills, with experience using Microsoft products and databases
- Possess a high level of attention to detail with the ability to solve problems and multi-task various priorities;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise judgement and discretion
What we offer
In addition to joining a professional and dynamic team, you will work in a supportive and positive environment with staff that live by HelpingMinds’ values and have a strong focus on community needs. We understand the importance of health and wellbeing and offer an employee wellness program.
- Generous tax-free salary packaging benefits where you can package up to $15,900 per annum
- ICT Equipment: Surface Pro laptop, mobile phone
- Four weeks annual leave with 17.5% leave loading
- Two additional wellness days per year to support your own mental health
How to Apply
To apply for this position and take the next steps towards a rewarding career with HelpingMinds, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact the Recruitment team on 08 9427 7100
HelpingMinds is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in the workplace. We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTIQIA+, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, and people with lived experience of mental health issues and of supporting family members with mental health issues.