Who we are:
HelpingMinds® is a highly regarded carer support and mental health services organisation, established over 45 years ago. Our compassionate team provide quality services and support to more than 10,000 children, youth, adults and families affected by mental illness every year throughout WA.
HelpingMinds is seeking Expressions of Interest for positions on the Board of Directors to provide corporate and strategic governance, in relation to our services throughout the state. The successful candidates will contribute to oversight of the organisation’s financial performance ensuring HelpingMinds’ legal and regulatory requirements are met.
The Board would like to hear from suitably experienced candidates who align with HelpingMinds’ purpose and values. This is an amazing opportunity to join the Board of an innovative sector leader in the for-purpose sector.
The requirements and commitment:
- Qualification and/or significant related experience to complement the current HelpingMinds Board such as:
- Risk Management and Workplace Health and Safety
- Legal / Regulatory
- Clinical Governance
- Information Technology
- Marketing and brand management
- Previous / current experience on an NFP, non-government and/or corporate board
- A commitment to attend bi-monthly Board meetings afterhours, scheduled 4th Tuesday of the month commencing at 5:00pm finishing at 7:00pm
- The Board typically meets 6 times per year, either via Zoom or in person in East Perth.
- Video and tele-conferencing facilities are available when Directors cannot attend in person or are based outside the Perth metropolitan area
- A willingness to be part of one of the HelpingMinds subcommittees which will involve additional time commitment.
- Current NDIS Worker Screening Check or a willingness to obtain.
The position is voluntary however sitting fees are paid to cover expenses incurred in the course of Board activities.
For more information and to obtain a copy of the Expression of Interest form, please contact Human Resources on 08 9427 7100 or email@example.com
Expressions of interest should include a detailed resume and completed Expression of Interest Form.
Applications are to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th May 2022.
HelpingMinds Limited is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in the workplace. We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTIQIA, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, and people with lived experience of mental health issues and of supporting family members with mental health issues