- Remuneration: $33.52to $37.3715 per hour + 12% superannuation + salary packaging + remote allowances
- Location: Broome Office, with outreach throughout Broome
- Employment Type: Permanent part-time (0.4FTE to 0.6FTE).
HelpingMinds® is a highly-regarded carer support and mental health services organisation, established over 40 years ago. Our compassionate team of staff and dedicated volunteers throughout the metro and regional areas, provide quality services and support to more than 10,000 children, youth, adults and families affected by mental illness every year.
This is an outreach role which aims to use your own experience of being a mental health carer to provide services that strengthen a carer’s ability and capacity to support the person with a serious mental health issue. You will need to have the ability to work outside of standard business hours to accommodate hospital visiting hours, and be comfortable working autonomously.
Responsibilities of the role include (not limited to):
- Use personal lived experience of caring to support the carers journey, promoting optimism and sharing information, skills and strategies if appropriate
- Provide one-to-one peer support and facilitate peer-led support groups to carers in HelpingMinds catchment areas. Provide educational workshops and community awareness programs for Community Groups identifying mental health carers, their rights, and how to work with them practically
- Work collaboratively with the consumer peer workers across varying community support groups
- Develop and maintain close working partnerships with local government and non-government organisations and develop strong referral pathways
For more information please review the Position Description
- National Police Clearance (valid within 6 months), Proof of Australian Working Rights, Working With Children Check, Current Drivers License and First Aid Certificate
- Demonstrated lived experience of being the primary carer of a person experiencing mental health challenges and understanding the challenges of caring for someone who is experiencing a challenge to their mental health.
We are a value-driven organisation that encompasses the values of Hope, Collaboration, Trust, Integrity, and Respect to provide quality service. We welcome your individuality, your ideas, your passion, and your drive. Our people focused culture and flexible approach will help you to succeed both professionally and personally.
- Generous tax-free salary packaging benefits where you can package up to $15,900 per annum
- Additional regional and remote allowances
- Generous leave entitlements
- 5 weeks annual leave per year (pro rata), increasing to 6 weeks (pro rata) once reaching 3 years of continuous service
- 2 wellness days per year, increasing to 3 days once reaching 3 years of continuous service
- Generous superannuation
- 12%, increasing to 13% once reaching 1 year of continuous service
- Professional development and support around additional training
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program
To apply for this position and take the next steps towards a rewarding career with HelpingMinds, please submit a resume and cover letter. For more information, contact the Recruitment team on 08 9427 7100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
HelpingMinds Limited is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in the workplace. We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTIQIA , people from culturally diverse backgrounds, and people with lived experience of mental health issues and of supporting family members with mental health issues
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.