Carer Support Worker – Regional
- Opportunity to be the South West representative responsible for promotion, education and advice with regards to the Carer Gateway
- Position available as a permanent full-time opportunity primarily based in Bunbury, WA with travel throughout the South West Region
- Join a growing not for profit organisation and be part of a value-driven organisation
HelpingMinds is a highly regarded carer support and mental health services organisation, established over 40 years ago. Our compassionate team of staff and dedicated volunteers throughout the metro and regional areas, provide quality services and support to more than 10,000 children, youth, adults, and families affected by mental illness every year.
We are a value-driven organisation that encompasses the values of Hope, Collaboration, Trust, Integrity, and Respect to provide quality service. We welcome your individuality, your ideas, your passion, and your drive. Our people focused culture and flexible approach will help you to succeed both professionally and personally.
The Carer Support Worker is the local representative responsible for promotion, education and advice with regard to Carer Gateway services for the federal Integrated Carer Support Services initiative. The team member will be required to develop relationships with local agencies, organsiations and businesses to ensure there is a good level of awareness and knowledge with regard to the concept and role of a family carer, as well as the supports that are available to them.
The Carer Support Worker – Regional will undertake initial assessment and eligibility processes prior to referral centrally. Depending upon local demand and circumstances the Carer Support Worker – Regional may take responsibility for establishing peer support groups, training and supporting volunteers to ensure that the groups, once established, operate effectively.
The role requires the ability to work as a team member, deliver information sessions, network with local leaders and communicate professionally and empathetically with Carers. The team member will also be required to liaise with a wide range of partner organisations to raise awareness of Carers within the broader community.
For a copy of the Position Description, please click here
To be considered, candidates will need to be flexible and able to travel within their appointed region to promote the service. We are looking for someone who has the ability to work autonomously with a demonstrated ability to consult, liaise and maintain close working relationships with other service providers .
Essential qualifications include:
- National Police Clearance (no older than 6 months)
- Working with Children Check
- Current Drivers License
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Although not an essential requirement, a relevant qualification will be highly regarded. With candidates possibly having an educational background in social work, counselling, community or healthcare services.
Essential experience includes:
- Experience in the NGO and/or healthcare sectors with direct supports to clients.
- Experience in the advisory, assessment and/or planning processes for clients.
- Experience of developing and hosting presentations as well as the delivery of information sessions.
- Experience of client case management and referral processes.
- Demonstrated capacity to develop and maintain effective relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- Understanding and empathy of carers, health, mental health, ageing and disability issues.
- Proven competence in supporting individuals, families and groups.
- Experience using computer software including Microsoft Suite, CRM and/or customised client databases.
- Well-developed communication skills (both verbal and written).
What we offer:
In addition to joining a professional and dynamic team, you will work in a supportive and positive environment with staff that live by HelpingMinds’ values and have a strong focus on community needs. We understand the importance of health and wellbeing and offer an employee wellness program.
Remuneration and Benefits include:
- Base salary: $66,220 – $67,367 per annum pro rata plus 10% superannuation
- Generous tax-free salary packaging benefits where you can package up to $15,900 per annum
- ICT Equipment: Surface Pro laptop, mobile phone
- Four weeks annual leave with 17.5% leave loading
- Two additional wellness days per year to support your own mental health
How to Apply:
To apply for this position and take the next steps towards a rewarding career with HelpingMinds, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
For more information, contact the Recruitment team on 08 9427 7100
Please note: given the high volume of candidate applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
HelpingMinds is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in the workplace. We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTIQIA+, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, and people with lived experience of mental health issues and of supporting family members with mental health issues.