Customer Service Officer
Employment type: Permanent
Employment Category: Full-time (38 hours per week)
Salary: $59,185 – $60,758 per annum
Application Closing Date: 8 July 2022
HelpingMinds is a highly regarded carer support and mental health services organisation, established over 40 years ago. Our compassionate team of staff and dedicated volunteers throughout the metro and regional areas, provide quality services and support to more than 10,000 children, youth, adults, and families affected by mental illness every year.
We are a value-driven organisation that encompasses the values of Hope, Collaboration, Trust, Integrity, and Respect to provide quality service. We welcome your individuality, your ideas, your passion, and your drive. Our people focused culture and flexible approach will help you to succeed both professionally and personally.
The Customer Service Officer is primarily responsible for the administration functions of the organisation including supporting all aspects of front office reception, providing friendly, personalised customer service whilst supporting the management of the main switch board.
This role will work side by side with the Receptionist, booking client appointments and responding to community queries.
The duties of this role are not limited to but include:
- Act as the first point of contact for telephone and personal enquiries for the organisation in a caring and professional manner
- Assist with client bookings, rescheduling and cancelling appointments
- Send text message reminders to HelpingMinds clients including daily appointment reminders and feedback messages
- Ensure that the communal areas at the Perth head office that HelpingMinds is responsibility for are kept clean and tidy, and in conjunction with Carers WA staff, do the same for joint HelpingMinds/Carers WA areas
For a comprehensive overview please refer to the attached Position Description
This is an opportunity for a client focussed Customer Service Officer with a genuine interest in working collaboratively to ensure effective team goals and client outcomes are met. We are looking for someone who has the ability to work autonomously with a demonstrated ability to consult, liaise and maintain close working relationships with other service providers.
- Certificate IV in Business Administration or a relevant discipline, or substantial demonstrated relevant experience;
- National Police Clearance (valid within 6 months), Working With Children Check;
- Proof of Australian Working Rights.
Preferred experience and skills:
- Well Developed computer skills, including Microsoft office and data reporting programs
- Positive attitude with the ability to create a warm ad friendly environment for clients and team members
- High level written and verbal communication skills including a high level of computer literacy
- Proven ability to handle complex and difficult telephone conversations
- Ability to work independently as well as with various internal and external stakeholders
- Good time management skills with the ability to solve problems and multitask competing priorities
- Experience in providing general administration support
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise judgement and discretion.
What we offer:
In addition to joining a professional and dynamic team, you will work in a supportive and positive environment with staff that live by HelpingMinds’ values and have a strong focus on community needs. We understand the importance of health and wellbeing and offer an employee wellness program.
- Salary packaging benefits
- Generous superannuation contributions starting at 11%, increasing to 12% once reaching one year of continuous service
- Generous tax-free salary packaging benefits where you can package up to $15,900 per annum
- Professional development and support around training opportunities
- Great annual leave entitlements starting at 5 weeks per year (pro rata). Increasing to six weeks (pro rata) once reaching three years of continuous service
- Two additional wellness days per year to support your own mental health. Increasing to three days at three years of contusions service (pro rata)
- ICT Equipment Provided
- Access to EAP services
How to Apply:
To apply for this position and take the next steps towards a rewarding career with HelpingMinds, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact the Recruitment team on 08 9427 7100
Please note: given the high volume of candidate applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Trading as HelpingMinds Limited
HelpingMinds is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in the workplace. We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTIQIA+, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, and people with lived experience of mental health issues and of supporting family members with mental health issues.