Locations : Perth
Employment Type : Full-Time, Permanent
· Growing not-for-profit organisation
· Be a part of a value-driven organisation
· Full-time opportunity
Who we are
HelpingMinds is a highly-regarded carer support and mental health services organisation, established over 40 years ago. Our compassionate team of staff and dedicated volunteers throughout the metro and regional areas, provide quality services and support to more than 10,000 children, youth, adults and families affected by mental illness every year.
We are a value-driven organisation that encompass the values of Hope, Collaboration, Trust, Integrity, and Respect to provide quality service. We welcome your individuality, your ideas, your passion and your drive. Our people focused culture and flexible approach will help you to succeed both professionally and personally.
We are seeking an individual with a strong passion and drive to engage and provide counselling support to adults and young people, as well as groups. The successful candidate will provide a positive representation of the HelpingMinds brand while establishing and fostering close working links with relevant service providers in the area.
Responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
· Provide a counselling service to young and adult carers, including Aboriginal and culturally and linguistically diverse (CaLD) carers – (face to face, telephone, e-mail and/or skype);
· Employ both a brief intervention model for working with clients as well as therapeutic interventions where appropriate in line with the HelpingMinds funding contracts’;
· Develop wellbeing care plans with clients and utilising a strengths-based approach, discuss the issues and impact of mental health and apply goal setting and identifying support networks;
· Maintain a client and service delivery load of 4 recordable hours a day;
· Employ both a brief intervention model for working with clients as well as therapeutic interventions where appropriate for the support HelpingMinds offers;
· Provide educational workshops and community awareness programs to Community Groups and carers;
· Promote the activities of HelpingMinds through liaison with local, state and federal government facilities, referral agencies/community groups and other organisations as necessary and;
· Advocate for Carers as required.
What you will need to succeed:
This is an opportunity for a client focused Family Support Counsellor with a genuine interest in making a difference. You will have a demonstrated ability to engage and provide counselling support to adults and young people within an individual and group setting.
With a degree-tertiary qualification in Counselling, Psychology or Social Work you will pride yourself on being self-motivated, with the ability to work autonomously while continuing to build strong relationships with the community and other agencies.
Additionally, you will have the ability to provide advocacy services through effective oral and written communication skills.
What you’ll receive in return:
In addition to joining a professional and dynamic team, you will receive support from experienced Team Leaders and Managers. This includes onsite supervision individually once a month with your Team Leader and Group Supervision once a month with your peers.
As a not for profit organisation we offer salary packaging benefits. On top of standard leave entitlements, you will receive 2 additional Wellness Days per year to support your own mental health.
How to Apply
To apply for this position and take the next steps towards a rewarding career with HelpingMinds, please submit a resume, cover letter and a document addressing the selection criterion contained in the job description.
Applications without a selection criteria will not be considered. For a copy of the Position Description, inclusive of the selection criteria, please click here
For more information, please contact the HR Team on 08 9427 7100.
All applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
** Closing date not applicable, candidates are encouraged to apply without delay**
Please note: given the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Trading as HelpingMinds Limited.
HelpingMinds Limited is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in the workplace. We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, and people with lived experience of mental health issues and of supporting family members with mental health issues
HelpingMinds respectfully acknowledge that we work on Aboriginal land and pay our respects to community members and Elders, past and present. Individuals pictured are models and are used for illustrative purposes only.
HelpingMinds is committed to embracing diversity and eliminating all forms of discrimination in the provision of health services. HelpingMinds welcomes all people irrespective of ethnicity, lifestyle choice, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity
HelpingMinds respectfully acknowledge that we work on Aboriginal land and pay our respects to community members and elders, past and present. Individuals pictured are models and are used for illustrative purposes only.
HelpingMinds is committed to embracing diversity and eliminating all forms of discrimination in the provision of health services. Helping Minds welcomes all people irrespective of ethnicity, lifestyle choice, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity