• Growing not-for-profit organisation – making a difference in the community
• Be a part of a value-driven organisation
• Permanent, full-time opportunity available
Who we are
HelpingMinds is a highly-regarded carer support and mental health services organisation, established over 40 years ago. Our compassionate team of staff and dedicated volunteers throughout the metro and regional areas, provide quality services and support to more than 10,000 children, youth, adults and families affected by mental illness every year.
We are a value-driven organisation that encompass the values of Hope, Collaboration, Trust, Integrity, and Respect to provide quality service. We welcome your individuality, your ideas, your passion and your drive. Our people focused culture and flexible approach will help you to succeed both professionally and personally.
We are looking for an individual with a strong passion and drive for helping people improve their lives. The Family Support Counsellor will be based in the Midland office and service the Swan area. This position will require some outreach work to community groups in the area which may be claimed through the organisation’s mileage process.
Responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
• A primary focus on delivering services to children and young people within a family context, expectation of booking 5 recordable hours a day. This can include one on one support, advocacy, group sessions or networking;
• Capacity to respond quickly and early to make a difference in achieving outcomes for children, young people and families;
• The establishment of partnerships and linkages with other services to establish good referral pathways;
• Provide assessment, interventions, psycho-education and ongoing referral service to young people at risk of, or experiencing, mental illness;
• Provide written reports and feedback when required by referral sources and other relevant agencies;
• Establish, foster and maintain close working links with relevant Aboriginal, non-aboriginal and CALD service providers to develop and maintain effective services to young people and their families;
• Complete all administrative tasks related to this role within required timeframes.
What will you need to succeed:
This is an opportunity for a client focussed Family Support Counsellor with a genuine interest in making a difference. You will have a demonstrated ability to engage and provide counselling support to adults and young people within an individual and group setting.
With a qualification in Counselling, Psychology or Social Work you will pride yourself on being self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously while continuing to work towards team goals. You must have a demonstrated ability to consult, liaise and maintain close working relationships with other service providers.
Additionally, you will have the ability to provide advocacy services through effective oral and written communication skills.
The successful candidate will be required to work one evening a week from 11:30am to 7:36pm.
What you’ll receive in return:
In addition to joining a professional and dynamic team, you will receive support from experienced Team Leads and Managers. This includes onsite supervision individually once a month with your Team Lead and Group Supervision once a month with your peers.
As a not for profit organisation we offer salary packaging benefits. On top of standard leave entitlements, you will receive x2 additional Wellness Days per year to support your own mental health.
How to Apply
To apply for this position and take the next steps towards a rewarding career with HelpingMinds, please submit a resume, cover letter and a document addressing the selection criteria contained in the job description.
Applications without a selection criteria will not be considered. For a copy of the Position Description, inclusive of the selection criteria, please click here
For more information, please contact the HR Team on 08 9427 7100.
All applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
** Closing date not applicable, candidates are encouraged to apply without delay**
Trading as HelpingMinds Limited.
HelpingMinds Limited is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in the workplace. We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, and people with lived experience of mental health issues and of supporting family members with mental health issues
HelpingMinds respectfully acknowledge that we work on Aboriginal land and pay our respects to community members and Elders, past and present. Individuals pictured are models and are used for illustrative purposes only.
HelpingMinds is committed to embracing diversity and eliminating all forms of discrimination in the provision of health services. HelpingMinds welcomes all people irrespective of ethnicity, lifestyle choice, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity
HelpingMinds respectfully acknowledge that we work on Aboriginal land and pay our respects to community members and elders, past and present. Individuals pictured are models and are used for illustrative purposes only.
HelpingMinds is committed to embracing diversity and eliminating all forms of discrimination in the provision of health services. Helping Minds welcomes all people irrespective of ethnicity, lifestyle choice, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity