- Excellent opportunity to join a leading non-profit, values-led organisation in Kununurra
- Seeking either a Family Support Counsellor
- 0.8 – 1.0FTE with the flexibility to do outreach travel and work from home!
HelpingMinds is a highly regarded carer support and mental health services organisation, established over 40 years ago. Our compassionate team of staff and dedicated volunteers throughout the metro and regional areas, provide quality services and support to more than 10,000 children, youth, adults, and families affected by mental illness every year.
We are a value-driven organisation that encompasses the values of Hope, Collaboration, Trust, Integrity, and Respect to provide quality service. We welcome your individuality, your ideas, your passion, and your drive. Our people focused culture and flexible approach will help you to succeed both professionally and personally.
We are seeking an individual with a strong passion and drive to engage and provide support to adults and young people, on an individual basis as well as in a group settings. The successful candidate will provide a positive representation of the HelpingMinds brand while establishing and fostering close working links with relevant service providers in the area.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Provide a counselling service to young people (0-18) at risk of developing mental health issues and adult carers, including Aboriginal and culturally and linguistically diverse (CaLD) carers.
- Employ both a brief intervention model for working with clients as well as therapeutic interventions where appropriate for the support HelpingMinds offers;
- Establish self-help Support Groups for Carers and provide support to the group once it is established;
- Develop wellbeing care plans with clients and utilising a strengths-based approach, discuss the issues and impact of mental health and apply goal setting and identifying support networks;
For a copy of the Family Support Counsellor Position Description click here
This is an opportunity for a client focussed Family Support Counsellor with a genuine interest in working collaboratively to ensure effective team goals and client outcomes are met. We are looking for someone who has the ability to work autonomously with a demonstrated ability to consult, liaise and maintain close working relationships with other service providers. As mentioned, we will be flexible on essential criteria for the right candidate.
- A relevant qualification e.g. Counselling, Psychology or Social Work
- National Police Clearance (valid within 6 months), Working With Children Check, Current Drivers License
- Current Covid-19 Vaccination
In line with HelpingMinds policy, WA Government Health Directions and Public Health Orders, the successful candidate will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and as such will need to provide evidence of their COVID-19 Vaccination status prior to commencement.
- We are ideally looking for candidates with counselling experience
What we offer:
In addition to joining a professional and dynamic team, you will work in a supportive and positive environment with staff that live by HelpingMinds’ values and have a strong focus on community needs. We understand the importance of health and wellbeing and offer an employee wellness program.
Remuneration and Benefits include:
- Salary $66,220 – $81,304 plus regional allowances per annum pro rata
- Generous superannuation contributions starting at 11% increasing to 12% once reaching one year of continuous service
- Generous tax-free salary packaging benefits where you can package up to $15,900 per annum
- Professional development and support around training opportunities
- Great annual leave entitlements starting at 5 weeks per year (pro rata). Increasing to six weeks (pro rata) once reaching three years of continuous service
- Two additional wellness days per year to support your own mental health. Increasing to three days at three years of contusions service (pro rata)
- ICT Equipment Provided
- Mileage Reimbursed
- Access to EAP services
How to Apply
To apply for this position and take the next steps towards a rewarding career with HelpingMinds, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
For more information, contact the Recruitment team on 08 9427 7100
Please note: given the high volume of candidate applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
HelpingMinds is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in the workplace. We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTIQIA+, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, and people with lived experience of mental health issues and of supporting family members with mental health issues.