Locations : Carnarvon WA
Employment Type : Full-time
· Growing not for profit organisation – making a difference in the community
· Be a part of a values-driven organisation
· A permanent full-time opportunity
Who we are
HelpingMinds is a highly-regarded carer support and mental health services organisation, established over 40 years ago. Our compassionate team of staff and dedicated volunteers throughout the metro and regional areas, provide quality services and support to more than 10,000 children, youth, adults and families affected by mental illness every year.
We are a value-driven organisation that encompasses the values of Hope, Collaboration, Trust, Integrity, and Respect to provide quality service. We welcome your individuality, your ideas, your passion and your drive. Our people focused culture and flexible approach will help you to succeed both professionally and personally.
We are looking for an individual with experience in engaging and providing counselling supports to adults and young people as well as groups. You will work closely with the Team Lead and other Family Support Counsellor to ensure effective team goals and client outcomes are met.
The successful candidate will establish and maintain close working links with relevant mental health and other service providers in Carnarvon.
Responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
· Provide a counselling service to young people (0-18) at risk of developing mental health issues and adult carers, including Aboriginal and culturally and linguistically diverse (CaLD) carers;
· Develop care plans with clients and utilising a strengths-based approach, discuss the issues and impact of mental health and apply goal setting and identifying support networks;
· Promote the activities of HelpingMinds through liaison with local, state and federal government facilities, referral agencies/community groups and other organisations as necessary;
· Maintain a client and service delivery load of 4 recordable hours a day;
· Work directly with Intake Team to ensure relevant documentation is completed prior to commencing service; and
· Provide educational workshops and community awareness programs for Community Groups.
What will you need to succeed:
This is an opportunity for an experienced mental health professional with demonstrated experience in developing and facilitating groups to join our Carnarvon team. The successful candidate must have the ability to work with minimum direction whilst maintaining effective communication with Management and the team.
With a qualification in Counselling, Psychology or Social Work you will pride yourself on consistently demonstrating behaviours that reinforce the values of HelpingMinds. You will have the ability to provide advocacy services to clients whilst maintaining strong working relationships.
You must have well-developed IT skills, with experience using Microsoft products and databases.
Additionally, you will have strong organisational and time management skills with the ability to successfully deal with competing priorities.
What you’ll receive in return:
In addition to joining a professional and dynamic team, you will work in a supportive and positive environment with staff that live by HelpingMinds values and have a strong focus on community needs. We understand the importance of health and wellbeing and offer an employee wellness program.
HelpingMinds offers an attractive salary package consisting of base salary, superannuation and salary packaging benefits.
We offer all counselling staff internal one-on-one and external clinical supervision within our support structure
How to Apply
To apply for this position and take the next steps towards a rewarding career with HelpingMinds, please submit a resume, cover letter and a document addressing the selection criteria contained in the job description.
Applications without a selection criteria will not be considered. For a copy of the Position Description, inclusive of the selection criteria, please click here
For more information, please contact the HR Team on 08 9427 7100.
All applications should be emailed to email@example.com.
** Closing date not applicable, candidates are encouraged to apply without delay**
Trading as HelpingMinds Limited.
HelpingMinds Limited is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in the workplace. We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, and people with lived experience of mental health issues and of supporting family members with mental health issues