- Locations: Travel to Gascoyne/ Pilbara region
- FIFO Roster: 1:1 (working week days only)
- Employment Type: Part-time (38-hour week) excellent work-life balance
- Remuneration: Meal Allowance + Accommodation + Flights. $42.29 per hour, PLUS Tax-Free Salary Packaging Benefits up to $15,900 and Superannuation starting at 11.5%,
HelpingMinds® is a highly-regarded carer support and mental health services organisation, established over 40 years ago. Our compassionate team of staff and dedicated volunteers throughout the metro and regional areas, provide quality services and support to more than 10,000 children, youth, adults and families affected by mental illness every year.
We are seeking an experienced Family Support Counsellor with a strong passion and drive to engage and provide counselling support within the Gascoyne / Pilbara regions. Support Services will be provided to adults and young people on an individual basis as well as in a group setting. The successful candidates will provide a positive representation of the HelpingMinds brand while establishing and fostering close working links with relevant service providers in the areas.
With independent office bases in Carnarvon and South Hedland, HelpingMinds is seeking a motivated candidate with demonstrated ability to work autonomously and hit the ground running in their new role. The successful candidate will have access to ongoing, remote support by both the assigned Team Facilitator and the Executive Child, Youth and Family Services.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Employ both a brief intervention model for working with clients as well as therapeutic interventions where appropriate for the support HelpingMinds offers;
- Develop wellbeing care plans with clients and utilising a strengths-based approach, discuss the issues and impact of mental health and apply goal setting and identifying support networks;
- Provide workshops and support groups to HelpingMinds clients;
- Establish community engagement connections, promoting HelpingMinds and establishing warm referral pathways.
For more information please review the Position Description
In addition to joining a professional and dynamic team, you will work in a supportive and positive environment with staff that live by HelpingMinds’ values and have a strong focus on community needs. We understand the importance of health and wellbeing and offer an employee wellness program.
Additional benefits include:
- All meals, accommodation and flights covered by HelpingMinds
- Generous tax-free salary packaging benefits where you can package up to $15,900 per annum
- Generous leave entitlements
- 5 weeks annual leave per year (pro rata), increasing to 6 weeks (pro rata) once reaching 3 years of continuous service
- 2 wellness days per year, increasing to 3 days once reaching 3 years of continuous service
- Generous superannuation
- Commencing at an additional 1% above superannuation guarantee with a further increase at 1 year of continuous services
- Professional development and support structures
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program
We are a value-driven organisation that encompasses the values of Hope, Collaboration, Trust, Integrity, and Respect to provide quality service. We welcome your individuality, your ideas, your passion, and your drive. Our people focused culture and flexible approach will help you to succeed both professionally and personally.
To apply for this position and take the next steps towards a rewarding career with HelpingMinds, please submit a resume and cover letter. For more information, contact the Recruitment team on 08 9427 7100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
HelpingMinds Limited is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in the workplace. We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTIQIA , people from culturally diverse backgrounds, and people with lived experience of mental health issues and of supporting family members with mental health issues
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.