Family Support Counsellor
- This position specializes in supporting adult carers and youth who are at risk of developing mental health issues
- Permanent full-time (38 hours per week) – flexibility offered
- Base salary + superannuation + generous salary packaging
- Based in our Perth Office
HelpingMinds is a highly regarded carer support and mental health services organisation, established over 40 years ago. Our compassionate team of staff and dedicated volunteers throughout the metro and regional areas, provide quality services and support to more than 10,000 children, youth, adults, and families affected by mental illness every year.
We are a value-driven organisation that encompasses the values of Hope, Collaboration, Trust, Integrity, and Respect to provide quality service. We welcome your individuality, your ideas, your passion, and your drive. Our people focused culture and flexible approach will help you to succeed both professionally and personally.
We are seeking an individual with a strong passion and drive to engage and provide counselling support to adults and young people, on an individual basis as well as in a group settings. The successful candidate will provide a positive representation of the HelpingMinds brand while establishing and fostering close working links with relevant service providers in the area.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Provide a counselling service to young people (0-18) at risk of developing mental health issues and adult carers, including Aboriginal and culturally and linguistically diverse (CaLD) carers.
- Employ both a brief intervention model for working with clients as well as therapeutic interventions where appropriate for the support HelpingMinds offers;
- Establish self-help Support Groups for Carers and provide support to the group once it is established;
- Develop wellbeing care plans with clients and utilising a strengths-based approach, discuss the issues and impact of mental health and apply goal setting and identifying support networks;
For a copy of the Position Description, please click here
This is an opportunity for a client focussed Family Support Counsellor with a genuine interest in working collaboratively to ensure effective team goals and client outcomes are met. We are looking for someone who has the ability to work autonomously with a demonstrated ability to consult, liaise and maintain close working relationships with other service providers.
- Tertiary Degree in Counselling, Psychology or Social Work
- National Police Clearance (valid within 6 months), Working With Children Check, Current Drivers License
- We are ideally looking for candidates with a minimum of 18 months counselling experience
What we offer:
In addition to joining a professional and dynamic team, you will work in a supportive and positive environment with staff that live by HelpingMinds’ values and have a strong focus on community needs. We understand the importance of health and wellbeing and offer an employee wellness program.
- Base salary: $64,272 – $78,177 per annum pro rata plus 10% superannuation
- Generous tax-free salary packaging benefits where you can package up to $15,900 per annum
- ICT Equipment: Surface Pro laptop, mobile phone
- Four weeks annual leave with 17.5% leave loading
- Two additional wellness days per year to support your own mental health
How to Apply:
To apply for this position and take the next steps towards a rewarding career with HelpingMinds, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact the Recruitment team on 08 9427 7100
HelpingMinds is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in the workplace. We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTIQIA+, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, and people with lived experience of mental health issues and of supporting family members with mental health issues.