Human Resources Officer
Amazing opportunity for a proactive HR Officer to support an organisation committed to positively affecting change in our community
Location: Primary office based in Perth, flexibility to work from home
Employment type: Fixed term – 12 months (maternity leave cover)
Employment Category: Full-time (38 hours per week)
HelpingMinds is a highly regarded carer support and mental health services organisation, established over 40 years ago. Our compassionate team of staff and dedicated volunteers throughout the metro and regional areas, provide quality services and support to more than 10,000 children, youth, adults, and families affected by mental illness every year.
We are a value-driven organisation that encompasses the values of Hope, Collaboration, Trust, Integrity, and Respect to provide quality service. We welcome your individuality, your ideas, your passion, and your drive. Our people focused culture and flexible approach will help you to succeed both professionally and personally.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a positive and proactive Human Resources Officer to join the HelpingMinds HR team on a fixed term full-time basis. This position is offered on a fixed term as a maternity leave cover for a 12-month period.
The position is primarily responsible for the human resources functions of the organisation, working directly with the HR Team Facilitator and the HR team to achieve our strategic objectives.
A typical day in this role will include:
- Recruitment and selection of new and replacement positions across the organisation
- Administration across all of HR processes
- Collaborating with leadership and team members on HR related issues
- Identifying process improvements for HR systems, processes and policies
- Supporting the Team Facilitator with strategic initiatives including but not limited to health and wellbeing, diversity and inclusion and organisational development
Here’s a copy of the Position Description
This is an opportunity for a customer focused Human Resources Officer to join a fast-paced and fun environment within a highly supportive team.
- Qualifications in a relevant human resources discipline and/or substantial demonstrated relevant experience
- National Police Clearance (valid within 6 months) and current Drivers License
In line with HelpingMinds policy, WA Government Health Directions and Public Health Orders, the successful candidate will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by 31 December 2021 and as such will need to provide evidence of their COVID-19 Vaccination status prior to commencement.
- We are ideally looking for candidates with 3 + years’ experience working in a human resources role
- Strong time management and organisational skills with excellent attention to details
- Committed to promoting and upholding HR initiatives and values, whilst maintaining discretion and confidentiality
- Demonstrated ability to engage and build rapport with applicants, management and team members at all levels.
What we offer:
In addition to joining a professional and dynamic team, you will work in a supportive and positive environment with staff that live by HelpingMinds’ values and have a strong focus on community needs. We understand the importance of health and wellbeing and offer an employee wellness program.
- Generous tax-free salary packaging benefits where you can package up to $15,900 per annum
- Flexible, family friendly working conditions
- ICT Equipment: Surface Pro laptop, mobile phone
- Four weeks annual leave with 17.5% leave loading
- Two additional wellness days per year to support your own mental health
How to Apply:
To apply for this position and take the next steps towards a rewarding career with HelpingMinds, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org [link removed]
For more information, contact the Recruitment team on 08 9427 7100
Please note: given the high volume of candidate applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Trading as HelpingMinds Limited
HelpingMinds is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in the workplace. We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTIQIA+, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, and people with lived experience of mental health issues and of supporting family members with mental health issues.