· Join a growing not-for-profit organisation – making a difference in the community
· Take the next step in your HR career
· 2x permanent full-time opportunities, immediately available
Who we are
HelpingMinds is a highly-regarded carer support and mental health services organisation, established over 40 years ago. Our compassionate team of staff and dedicated volunteers throughout the metro and regional areas, provide quality services and support to more than 10,000 children, youth, adults and families affected by mental illness every year.
We are a value-driven organisation that encompass the values of Hope, Collaboration, Trust, Integrity, and Respect to provide quality service. We welcome your individuality, your ideas, your passion and your drive. Our people focused culture and flexible approach will help you to succeed both professionally and personally.
We currently have 2x opportunities for a positive and proactive Human Resources Officer to join the HelpingMinds team on a permanent full-time basis.
This position is primarily responsible for the human resource functions of the organisation, working directly with the HR Manager and the HR team to achieve the organisation’s objectives.
Responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
· Recruitment, selection and induction of new employees, volunteers and students;
· Provide advice and assistance to staff and management on employment standards and legislation such as the HelpingMinds Staff Agreement, Industrial Relations, HR policies and procedures;
· Ensure human resources records such as employment documentation, recruitment records, staff performance records and credentials are up to date and stored securely on both electronically and hard copy personnel files;
· Coordinate probation and annual review process and provide management with advice about current best practice around conducting staff performance reviews;
· Liaise with training providers and conferences/event’s organisers to support staff education and training;
· Ensure that accurate job descriptions are in place with adequate staff access and provide advice and assistance with writing job descriptions, as required; and
· Continuous improvement of Human Resources policies, procedures and practices.
What will you need to succeed:
This is an opportunity for a HR superstar to join a fast-paced and intimate environment, within a highly supportive team.
You will have strong time management and organisational skills with excellent attention to detail.
Your commitment to promoting and upholding HR initiatives and values, while maintaining discretion and confidentiality, will help you succeed in the role.
With a qualification in a relevant human resources discipline and/or substantial demonstrated relevant experience, you will pride yourself on having the ability to engage and build rapport with applicants, management and staff at all levels.
What you’ll receive in return:
In addition to joining a professional and dynamic team, you will work in a positive environment with staff that live by HelpingMinds values and have a strong focus on community needs.
On top of standard leave entitlements, you will receive 2x ‘wellness days’ per year to support your own mental health.
As a not-for-profit organisation we also offer maximum salary packaging benefits.
How to Apply
To apply for this position and take the next steps towards a rewarding career with HelpingMinds, please submit a resume, cover letter and a document addressing the selection criterion contained in the job description.
Applications without a selection criteria will not be considered. For a copy of the Position Description, inclusive of the selection criteria, please click here
For more information, please contact the HR Team on 08 9427 7100.
All applications should be emailed to email@example.com.
** Closing date not applicable, candidates are encouraged to apply without delay**
Please note: due to an anticipated high volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Trading as HelpingMinds Limited.
HelpingMinds Limited is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in the workplace. We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, and people with lived experience of mental health issues and of supporting family members with mental health issues
HelpingMinds respectfully acknowledge that we work on Aboriginal land and pay our respects to community members and Elders, past and present. Individuals pictured are models and are used for illustrative purposes only.
HelpingMinds is committed to embracing diversity and eliminating all forms of discrimination in the provision of health services. HelpingMinds welcomes all people irrespective of ethnicity, lifestyle choice, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity
HelpingMinds respectfully acknowledge that we work on Aboriginal land and pay our respects to community members and elders, past and present. Individuals pictured are models and are used for illustrative purposes only.
HelpingMinds is committed to embracing diversity and eliminating all forms of discrimination in the provision of health services. Helping Minds welcomes all people irrespective of ethnicity, lifestyle choice, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity