• Make a difference in the Geraldton community
• Use your networks to support clients with psychosocial disability
• A full opportunity available, with excellent salary packaging on offer
Who we are
HelpingMinds is a highly-regarded mental health services organisation, providing quality services and support to more than 10,000 children, youth, adults and families affected by mental illness every year across WA. Due to recent growth, we are now expanding our services to Geraldton, for which we are recruiting an Individualised Services Coordinator.
Who we are looking for
The NDIS supports people with a permanent and significant disability that affects their ability to take part in everyday activities, and gives people more choice and control over how, when and where those supports are provided. Our Individualised Services team at HelpingMinds specialise in supporting people with psychosocial disability.
As an Individualised Services Coordinator, you will have a strong understanding of the needs of people living with severe and persistent mental illness. Ideally, you will also be familiar with the NDIS or related programs. You will use your skills to help guide people through the NDIS eligibility and planning process. It is anticipated that through this support, participants will nominate HelpingMinds to deliver their ongoing psychosocial supports. You will also attract clients who already have a plan but who are looking for a trusted service provider to deliver their supports.
In working with a client on their NDIS plan, you will be skilful at establishing a positive, collaborative relationship with clients and their support network, assisting them to identify, link with and coordinate supports, link with local communities, build their capacity, overcome barriers and achieve goals.
The successful applicant will need to have a strong understanding of the NDIS and will be required to support people, who have coordination of support in their plans, to access supports more effectively.
We are a values-driven organisation that encompasses the values of Hope, Collaboration, Trust, Integrity, and Respect to provide quality service. We welcome your individuality, your ideas, your passion, and your drive. Our people-focused culture and flexible approach will help you to succeed both professionally and personally.
This role will report directly to the Head of Individualised Services, who will regularly be in Geraldton to support you face-to-face. You will be provided with leading technology to perform within your role and offered excellent salary packaging benefits.
On top of standard leave entitlements, you will receive an additional 2x Wellness Days per year to support your own mental health.
Responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
• Support the potential NDIS participant (and their carers) in obtaining appropriate psychosocial diagnosis when required;
• Assist in developing NDIS plans;
• Support the NDIS participant and carers in identifying their goals;
• Liaise with third parties on behalf of potential NDIS participant;
• Identify, coordinate, manage and or facilitate a range of supports and support providers to meet identified needs;
• Liaise with and report as required to NDIA in relation to NDIS participants and their plans;
• Provide expert advice and consultation to NDIS participants and their families on the changing NDIS environment to build capacity to understand and navigate service systems;
• Provide high quality services to clients and keep accurate and complete records of progress and outcomes in accordance with legislative and organisational requirements;
• Provide expert advice and support to other team members, acting as a mentor for staff in the delivery of services.
How to Apply
To apply for this position and take the next steps towards a rewarding career with HelpingMinds, please submit a resume, cover letter and a document addressing the selection criteria contained in the job description.
Applications without a selection criteria will not be considered. For a copy of the Position Description, inclusive of the selection criteria, please click here.
For more information, contact Human Resources on 08 9427 7100.
All applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
** Closing date not applicable, candidates are encouraged to apply without delay**
HelpingMinds is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in the workplace. We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, and people with lived experience of mental health issues and of supporting family members with mental health issues.