Marketing and Philanthropy Lead
- Permanent, full-time opportunity
- Base salary + superannuation + generous salary packaging
- Based in our Perth office
HelpingMinds is a highly regarded carer support and mental health services organisation, established over 40 years ago. Our compassionate team of staff and dedicated volunteers throughout the metro and regional areas, provide quality services and support to more than 10,000 children, youth, adults, and families affected by mental illness every year.
We are a value-driven organisation that encompasses the values of Hope, Collaboration, Trust, Integrity, and Respect to provide quality service. We welcome your individuality, your ideas, your passion, and your drive. Our people focused culture and flexible approach will help you to succeed both professionally and personally.
The Marketing and Philanthropy Lead is ultimately responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of a strategic marketing strategy that will have a strong focus on brand management, philanthropic opportunities and will support HelpingMinds Strategic and Operational Plans and objectives. The role will also be responsible for providing leadership to a close-knit marketing team who will be supporting the operationalisation of the strategic plan.
Accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop, implement and evaluate a strategic marketing strategy that supports HelpingMinds Strategic and Operational Plans and objectives.
- Develop and monitor digital platforms including the HelpingMinds website, social media pages and frequently report the relevant results, impacts and trends
- Assist with planning and managing the marketing budget and forecasts, monitor and report against spend.
- Measure and report performance of social media marketing campaigns, gain insight and assess against goals.
- Manage the day-to-day marketing requests from the organisation across the Marketing team.
- Drive brand awareness through innovative strategies and effective collaboration with all members of the leadership team.
- Drive relationships that develop philanthropic opportunities for HelpingMinds.
- Be the custodian of the HelpingMinds brand and ensure all collateral is professionally presented and is in keeping with the HelpingMinds Style guide and brand identity.
- Seek opportunities to maximise the impact of HelpingMinds services through brand management.
- Ensure effective cooperation and collaboration with relevant team members regarding philanthropic activities.
- Provide direction and support the team to plan, execute activities including branding, communications, media, events, bequests and fundraising.
- Lead, empower and develop the marketing team members to deliver outstanding services to internal and external stakeholders;
The position will report to the Executive People & Culture and is offered on a Permanent full-time basis
The successful candidate will have:
- A tertiary qualification in a related discipline (Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Public Affairs, Business) OR demonstrated Marketing and Communication competence/experience at the required level
- National Police Clearance (valid within 6 months) and current Drivers License
In line with HelpingMinds policy, WA Government Health Directions and Public Health Orders, the successful candidate will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by 31 December 2021 and as such will need to provide evidence of their COVID-19 Vaccination status prior to commencement.
- Proven ability to develop, implement and manage an annual marketing plan in alignment with the business strategy and opportunities.
- Advanced relationship management and networking skills and the ability to establish effective relationships both internally and externally.
- Proven success in developing and implementing effective marketing and fundraising strategies that have resulted in raising financial profile.
- A focus on leading, empowering and upskilling skills, taking accountability and responsibility for day to day operations of the reporting team.
- Community focus – understanding of the sectors history and current affairs including an understanding of brand awareness, community needs and service delivery challenges.
- Use gained insights through market research both formal and anecdotal to continuously improve the marketing function, this includes driving new initiatives in collaboration with the Executive team.
- Understanding of and ability to be an effective and flexible leader in a complex and changing environment
- Expertise in social media and digital marketing including google analytics
- Excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong organisational and project management skills with an ability to work to tight deadlines
- Well-developed IT skills, with experience using Microsoft products, databases, Survey Monkey & Mail Chimp.
- Skilled in the use of Adobe Indesign in order to design new templates and amend existing marketing collateral
- Demonstrated experience in event design and management including fundraising initiatives
What we offer
In addition to joining a professional and dynamic team, you will work in a supportive and positive environment with staff that live by HelpingMinds’ values and have a strong focus on community needs. We understand the importance of health and wellbeing and offer an employee wellness program.
- Generous tax-free salary packaging benefits where you can package up to $15,900 per annum
- Flexible, family friendly working conditions
- Professional development opportunities
- ICT Equipment: Surface Pro laptop, mobile phone
- Four weeks annual leave with 17.5% leave loading
- Two additional wellness days per year to support your own mental health
How to Apply
To apply for this position and take the next steps towards a rewarding career with HelpingMinds, please submit a resume, cover letter and statement addressing the selection criteria to email@example.com
For a copy of the full position description which includes the selection criteria please click here
For more information, contact the Recruitment team on 08 9427 7100
Please note: given the high volume of candidate applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Trading as HelpingMinds Limited
HelpingMinds is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in the workplace. We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTIQIA+, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, and people with lived experience of mental health issues and of supporting family members with mental health issues.