NDIS Specialist Support Coordinator (Mental Health)
- This position specialises in supporting complex clients coordinating their NDIS plans
- Permanent part-time opportunity (0.6 FTE) up to full-time
- $37.41 per hour + superannuation + salary packaging
- Based in Perth, WA
Who we are
HelpingMinds is a highly-regarded carer support and mental health services organisation, established over 40 years ago. Our compassionate team of staff and dedicated volunteers throughout the metro and regional areas, provide quality services and support to more than 10,000 children, youth, adults and families affected by mental illness every year.
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) supports people with a permanent and significant disability that affects their ability to take part in everyday activities and gives people more choice and control over how, when and where those supports are provided.
The Specialist Support Coordinator is primarily responsible for the implementation and comprehensive coordination of individualised supports and services to participants with complex needs, behaviours of concern, medical needs, or other high risk circumstances, or where the NDIA has deemed it reasonable and necessary to fund the Specialist Support Coordination funded support in their plan.
What you will need to succeed:
To be considered for this role candidates will need to have the below essential qualifications and experience
Essential qualifications include:
- Tertiary degree qualification in relevant field of Social Work, Allied Health and/or extensive experience in working with participants with complex needs as per the NDIA quality and Safeguarding framework requirement
- Experience in Specialist Support Co-ordination for people with complex needs, behaviours of concern, medical needs, or other high risk circumstances;
- Current Drivers License
The successful candidate will also have, or be willing to obtain as a condition of employment the below listed certificates
- Current NDIS Worker Screening Check
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module Certificate
- Working with Children Check
Essential experience includes:
- Well Developed computer skills, including Microsoft office and data reporting programs;
- Experience in mental health work and a sound understanding of psychosocial recovery within a human services context;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a willingness to listen and display empathy;
- Demonstrated client centred approach with the ability to work in partnership with others to achieve best outcomes for the client;
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills, including advocacy and report writing skills;
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to link with a range community, funded and mainstream services;
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated and function autonomously while working effectively toward team goals;
- Strongly demonstrated ability to operate within organizational and legislative guidelines, procedures and policies and;
- Excellent research skills to facilitate the connection of service participants with appropriate community resources.
What you’ll receive in return:
In addition to joining a professional and dynamic team, you will work in a supportive and positive environment with staff that live by HelpingMinds’ values and have a strong focus on community needs. We understand the importance of health and wellbeing and offer an employee wellness program.
Additional benefits include:
- Salary packaging benefits
- Surface Pro laptop
- Four weeks annual leave with 17.5% leave loading
- Two additional wellness days per year to support your own mental health
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program
- Annual flu vaccination
How to Apply
To apply for this position and take the next steps towards a rewarding career with HelpingMinds, please submit a resume, cover letter and a document addressing the selection criterion contained in the job description.
Applications without a selection criteria will not be considered. For a copy of the Position Description, inclusive of the selection criteria, please click here
For more information, please contact the HR Team on 08 9427 7100.
All applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
** Closing date not applicable, candidates are encouraged to apply without delay**
Please note: given the high volume of candidate applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Trading as HelpingMinds Limited.
HelpingMinds Limited is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in the workplace. We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, and people with lived experience of mental health issues and of supporting family members with mental health issues