SUPPORT WORKER (Mental Health)
- This position specialises in supporting people with psychosocial disability
- Permanent part-time opportunity at a minimum of 3 days per week up to full-time
- $29.56 per hour + superannuation
- Outreach position throughout the Perth Metro area
Who we are
HelpingMinds is a highly-regarded carer support and mental health services organisation, established over 40 years ago. Our compassionate team of staff and dedicated volunteers throughout the metro and regional areas, provide quality services and support to more than 10,000 children, youth, adults and families affected by mental illness every year.
The team and the role
This position forms part of our Individualised Services team that specialise in supporting people with psychosocial disability. The Support Worker position focuses on assisting participants to meet the goals within their individualised NDIS plan. The NDIS aims to provide people with choice and control over how, when and where those supports are provided.
Duties of the role will include:
- Engage and develop rapport with participants who have a psychosocial disability;
- Establish good working relationships with NDIS participants and work effectively with them to define and achieve the goals as identified in their NDIS Plan;
- Enhancing the client’s capacity to manage their health, welfare and life needs;
- Engage and support family and/or carers in the recovery process, providing an information and referral service where appropriate;
- Establish, foster and maintain close working links with relevant mental health and NDIS service providers to support referral pathways and access to other services.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for people that have previous working experience and a sound understanding of mental health with a commitment to making a difference to both the lives of people living with mental health issues, their family and carers.
The successful candidate will also have
- Minimum Cert IV in Mental Health or Community Services
- Current Drivers License and reliable vehicle is needed as this position does include outreach work in the local community
- You will have proven capacity to build rapport with clients from a diverse range of backgrounds with the ability to consult, engage and empower people to achieve their goals in a structured way.
The successful candidate will also have, or be willing to obtain as a condition of employment the below listed certificates
- Current NDIS Worker Screening Check
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
- Working with Children Check
We are a value-driven organisation that encompasses the values of Hope, Collaboration, Trust, Integrity, and Respect to provide quality service. We welcome your individuality, your ideas, your passion and your drive. Our people focused culture and flexible approach will help you to succeed both professionally and personally.
What you’ll receive in return:
In addition to joining a professional and dynamic team, you will work in a supportive and positive environment with staff that live by HelpingMinds’ values and have a strong focus on community needs. We understand the importance of health and wellbeing and offer an employee wellness program.
Additional benefits include:
- Salary packaging
- ICT Equipment
- Four weeks annual leave with 17.5% leave loading
- Two additional wellness days per year to support your own mental health
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program
- Annual Flu vaccination
How to Apply
To apply for this position and take the next steps towards a rewarding career with HelpingMinds, please submit a resume, cover letter and a document addressing the selection criterion contained in the job description.
Applications without a selection criteria will not be considered. For a copy of the Position Description, inclusive of the selection criteria, please click here
For more information, please contact the HR Team on 08 9427 7100.
All applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
** Closing date not applicable, candidates are encouraged to apply without delay**
Please note: given the high volume of candidate applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Trading as HelpingMinds Limited.
HelpingMinds Limited is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in the workplace. We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, and people with lived experience of mental health issues and of supporting family members with mental health issues