Psychosocial Recovery Coach – Individualised Services
- This position specializes in supporting NDIS participants with psychosocial disability
- Permanent part-time opportunity (0.6 FTE) up to full-time
- $32.52 per hour + superannuation + generous salary packaging
- Based in Cockburn, Western Australia.
Who we are
HelpingMinds® is a highly-regarded carer support and mental health services organisation, established over 40 years ago. Our compassionate team of staff and dedicated volunteers throughout the metro and regional areas, provide quality services and support to more than 10,000 children, youth, adults and families affected by mental illness every year.
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) supports people with a permanent and significant disability that affects their ability to take part in everyday activities and gives people more choice and control over how, when and where those supports are provided.
The Psychosocial Recovery coach will support participants to take more control of their lives and to better manage the complex challenges of day-to-day living. They will work collaboratively with participants, their families, carers and other services to design, plan and implement a recovery plan, and assist with the coordination of NDIS and other supports.
What you will need to succeed:
To be considered for this role candidates will need to have the below essential qualifications and experience
Essential qualifications include:
- Minimum of Certificate IV in Mental Health Peer Work/Certificate IV Mental Health AND/OR minimum of two years’ experience in mental health related peer work.
- Current Drivers License
The successful candidate will also have, or be willing to obtain as a condition of employment the below listed certificates:
- Current NDIS Worker Screening Check
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module Certificate
- Working with Children Check
Essential experience includes:
- Ability to effectively utilise NDIS packages by using their knowledge of the NDIS
- A passion for coaching and supporting others to learn and overcome their barriers whilst always instilling hope;
- Knowledge of the recovery model, complex mental health and drug and alcohol issues;
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills, including advocacy and report writing skills;
- Have excellent interpersonal skills, be non-judgmental, be fair, patient, have a willingness to listen, and display empathy;
- Demonstrated client centred approach with the ability to work in partnership with others to achieve best outcomes for the client;
- Demonstrated capacity to engage with and empower people to achieve their identified goals within a structured individual recovery plan;
- Well-developed IT skills, with experience using Microsoft products and databases.
What you’ll receive in return:
In addition to joining a professional and dynamic team, you will work in a supportive and positive environment with staff that live by HelpingMinds’ values and have a strong focus on community needs. We understand the importance of health and wellbeing and offer an employee wellness program.
Additional benefits include:
- Salary packaging benefits
- Surface Pro laptop
- Four weeks annual leave with 17.5% leave loading
- Two additional wellness days per year to support your own mental health
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program
- Annual flu vaccination
How to Apply
To apply for this position and take the next steps towards a rewarding career with HelpingMinds, please submit a resume, cover letter and a document addressing the selection criterion contained in the job description.
Applications without a selection criteria will not be considered. For a copy of the Position Description, inclusive of the selection criteria, please click here
For more information, please contact the HR Team on 08 9427 7100.
All applications should be emailed to email@example.com.
** Closing date not applicable, candidates are encouraged to apply without delay**
Please note: given the high volume of candidate applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Trading as HelpingMinds Limited.
HelpingMinds® Limited is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in the workplace. We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, and people with lived experience of mental health issues and of supporting family members with mental health issues