· Growing not-for-profit organisation – making a difference in the community
· Be a part of a value-driven organisation
· Full-time opportunity available
Who we are
HelpingMinds is a highly-regarded carer support and mental health services organisation, established over 40 years ago. Our compassionate team of staff and dedicated volunteers throughout the metro and regional areas, provide quality services and support to more than 10,000 children, youth, adults and families affected by mental illness every year.
We are a value-driven organisation that encompass the values of Hope, Collaboration, Trust, Integrity, and Respect to provide quality service. We welcome your individuality, your ideas, your passion and your drive. Our people focused culture and flexible approach will help you to succeed both professionally and personally.
We are looking for an individual with a strong passion and drive for helping people improve their lives.
The Senior Family Support Counsellor will be required to work from our offices in the Northern and Eastern suburbs, including co-location and outreach locations. This position will require some outreach work to community groups in the area which may be claimed through the organisation’s mileage process.
Responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
· Provide monthly Reflective Practice Supervision to Family Support Counsellors, enhancing their capacity to deliver safe, high quality services. This will entail providing mentorship and coaching;
· Support staff, being attentive to their needs and presenting work-based interventions and solutions for client related issues;
· Provide clear and professional reports to Head of Counselling and Support;
· Maintain an active client caseload and contribute to the delivery of informal counselling and support to clients, carers and their families (caseload KPIs will be calculated based on number of reflective practice sessions provided);
· Develop wellbeing care plans with clients utilising a strengths-based approach;
· Develop strategies to strengthen the capacity to support both the person with the mental illness and / or the carer;
· Develop other strategies to strengthen family members’ personal resilience and social support networks;
· Establish, foster and maintain close working links with relevant Aboriginal, non-aboriginal and CaLD service providers to develop and maintain effective services to family members and carers; and
· Represent HelpingMinds at seminars, meetings and workshops as required.
What you will need to succeed:
This is an opportunity for a client focussed Senior Family Support Counsellor with a genuine interest in making a difference. You will have a demonstrated ability to engage and provide counselling support to adults and young people within an individual and group setting.
With a degree-tertiary qualification in Counselling, Psychology or Social Work you will pride yourself on being self-motivated, with the ability to work autonomously while continuing to work towards team goals. You must have a demonstrated ability to consult, liaise and maintain close working relationships with other service providers.
Additionally, you will have proven ability to support staff by presenting work-based interventions and solutions for client related issues.
The successful candidate will be required to work one evening a week from 11:30am to 7:36pm.
What you’ll receive in return:
This position includes individual one on one and group reflective practice supervision monthly
As a not-for-profit organisation we offer salary packaging benefits. On top of standard leave entitlements, you will receive x2 additional wellness days per year to support your own mental health.
How to Apply
To apply for this position and take the next steps towards a rewarding career with HelpingMinds, please submit a resume, cover letter and a document addressing the selection criterion contained in the job description.
Applications without a selection criteria will not be considered. For a copy of the Position Description, inclusive of the selection criteria, please click here
For more information, please contact the HR Team on 08 9427 7100.
All applications should be emailed to email@example.com.
** Closing date not applicable, candidates are encouraged to apply without delay**
Please note: given the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Trading as HelpingMinds Limited.
HelpingMinds Limited is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in the workplace. We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, and people with lived experience of mental health issues and of supporting family members with mental health issues
HelpingMinds respectfully acknowledge that we work on Aboriginal land and pay our respects to community members and Elders, past and present. Individuals pictured are models and are used for illustrative purposes only.
HelpingMinds is committed to embracing diversity and eliminating all forms of discrimination in the provision of health services. HelpingMinds welcomes all people irrespective of ethnicity, lifestyle choice, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity
HelpingMinds respectfully acknowledge that we work on Aboriginal land and pay our respects to community members and elders, past and present. Individuals pictured are models and are used for illustrative purposes only.
HelpingMinds is committed to embracing diversity and eliminating all forms of discrimination in the provision of health services. Helping Minds welcomes all people irrespective of ethnicity, lifestyle choice, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity