· Growing not for profit organisation – making a difference in the community
· Be a part of a values-driven organisation
· A permanent full-time opportunity
Who we are
HelpingMinds is a highly-regarded carer support and mental health services organisation, established over 40 years ago. Our compassionate team of staff and dedicated volunteers throughout the metro and regional areas, provide quality services and support to more than 10,000 children, youth, adults and families affected by mental illness every year.
We are a value-driven organisation that encompasses the values of Hope, Collaboration, Trust, Integrity, and Respect to provide quality service. We welcome your individuality, your ideas, your passion and your drive. Our people focused culture and flexible approach will help you to succeed both professionally and personally.
We are looking for an individual with a strong passion and drive for guiding and coordinating our staff to develop and plan our community programs and service delivery. Family Support Counsellors and Family Support Workers will report directly to you for coordination of programs and key performance indicators. You will work closely with the Head of Clinical Services and Clinical Leads delivering staff support, operational planning, and building success throughout counselling services in the Perth metro region.
Responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
· Ensuring contractual requirements are met by leading the team effectively;
· Guiding and developing staff professionally, enhancing their capacity to deliver outstanding service through mentorship, coaching and performance management strategies;
· Providing informal and formal performance feedback, initiating regular appraisal meetings, discussing performance in relation to KPI’s;
· Developing guidelines and processes to enhance team performance as well as developing new initiatives for delivery of service;
· Providing clear and professional reports on a regular basis which track, and measure contracted funder requirements, using appropriate data retrieval methods and as well as accurate and suitable metrics;
· Reporting of monthly KPI’s to the Head of Clinical Services;
· Team Leads will be expected to carry a case load which is calculated based on direct reports.
What will you need to succeed:
This is an opportunity for an inspiring Team Lead with demonstrated experience in management or team lead roles with responsibility for staff. The successful candidate must have substantial experience in clinical practice and project planning, offering support within a variety of settings and age groups.
With a qualification in Counselling, Psychology or Social Work you will pride yourself on consistently demonstrating behaviours that reinforce the values of HelpingMinds.
You must have the ability to be self-motivated with demonstrated experience in managing multiple projects whilst meeting organisational deadlines.
Additionally, you will have will have high level interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) including experience in report writing.
What you’ll receive in return:
In addition to joining a professional and dynamic team, you will work in a supportive and positive environment with staff that live by HelpingMinds’ values and have a strong focus on community needs. We understand the importance of health and wellbeing and offer an employee wellness program.
HelpingMinds offers an attractive salary package consisting of base salary, superannuation and salary packaging benefits. We offer all counselling staff internal one on one and external clinical supervision within our support structures.
How to Apply
To apply for this position and take the next steps towards a rewarding career with HelpingMinds, please submit a resume, cover letter and a document addressing the selection criteria contained in the job description. Applications without a selection criteria will not be considered. For a copy of the Position Description, inclusive of the selection criteria, please click here.
For more information, contact the Human Resources department on 08 9427 7100.
All applications should be emailed to email@example.com.
** Closing date not applicable, candidates are encouraged to apply without delay**
HelpingMinds is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in the workplace. We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, and people with lived experience of mental health issues and of supporting family members with mental health issues.