- Join us being part of making a positive difference in our community.
- Ensure transparency, oversee organisational Finance and guide the Board in Financial Strategy
- Time required: approx. 8 – 10 hours per month and written board related correspondence
- Starting November 2021
HelpingMinds is a highly regarded carer support and mental health services organisation, established over 40 years ago. Our compassionate team of staff and dedicated volunteers throughout the metro and regional areas, provide quality services and support to more than 10,000 children, youth, adults, and families affected by mental illness every year.
We are a value-driven organisation that encompasses the values of Hope, Collaboration, Trust, Integrity, and Respect to provide quality service. We welcome your individuality, your ideas, your passion, and your drive. Our people focused culture and flexible approach will help you to succeed both professionally and personally.
This is an unpaid position and you will be assisting us make a positive difference in our community. Our organisation has a 45 year legacy, help us continue to make a difference.
Duration: 2 years per term, with re-election opportunity
Board Director Responsibilities:
- Oversee, review and guide the Financial Strategic Direction
- Ensure Financial Risk is mitigated
- Contribute to strategic planning
- Optimise the organisation’s performance and ensure compliance with legal requirements
- Follow good governance
- Promote the organisation in the community as opportunities arise
- Contribute to an annual review of the performance of the board and take steps to improve its performance
For a copy of the full Position Description, please click here.
How to Apply
Do you have the time to dedicate, support and help strengthen our not for profit organisation to make a difference in people’s lives? Do you have knowledge, skills and experience working on a Not for Profit Board? Please review the role description and if you would like to discuss this opportunity please call our CEO Deborah Childs on 9427 7100.
To apply please email your application (both a cover letter and CV) to email@example.com using the subject line: Board Treasurer position.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Closing date: 28 July, 2021.
HelpingMinds is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in the workplace. We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTIQIA+, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, and people with lived experience of mental health issues and of supporting family members with mental health issues.