- Permanent full-time opportunity
- Base salary + superannuation + generous salary packaging
- Based in our Perth office
About the WA Recovery College Alliance (WARCA)
The WA Recovery College Alliance (WARCA) is working to promote mental health and wellbeing (recovery) for all throughout the community, by offering recovery focused learning which inspires hope through transformative education. Through the Recovery College we seek to transform lives and communities.
WARCA offers a range of recovery focused short courses and workshops that are underpinned by co-design and co-production values and principles. Our courses offer opportunities for people to enhance knowledge, skills, connections and relationships, as well as build the recovery capital resources necessary to navigate their problems and (re)-build their lives. The aim of WARCA courses is to create the conditions for people to take control of their own lives by providing leadership pathways for the future. We embrace inclusivity, diverse worldviews and transformative, emancipatory teaching.
WARCA enables community members and mental health professionals to have access to an educational approach that supports the understanding of mental health, substance use challenges wellbeing and recovery from multiple viewpoints and sources of expertise. The Recovery College operates state wide from regional hubs and satellite locations.
We operate according to the WARCA Integrity Framework and WARCA Recovery Ethos.
To find out more visit the WARCA website – https://warecoverycollege.org.au/
Reporting to the WARCA Principal, this position will be responsible for the educational elements of the Recovery College, and for supporting and developing new Recovery College Educators. Guided by our WARCA purpose and values, this role is responsible for leading many educational aspects of the Recovery College. The role will:
- co-ordinate aspects of the Educator Foundation Program (EFP),
- iteratively develop and co-facilitate the EFP,
- lead resource development for educators,
- provide support to Educators that undergo the Educator Foundation Program
This position is offered on a permanent full-time basis (38 hours per week) based in our Perth office.
For a copy of the Position Description, please click here
This exciting position draws on the professional skills of an educator who is passionate and experienced in transformational education.
- Degree level qualification in Education or relevant professional experience
- National Police Clearance (valid within 6 months), Working With Children Check, Current Drivers License
Required skills & experience:
- Demonstrated skills and knowledge in developing and delivering interactive and engaging courses to support growth in teaching, facilitation and transformational education
- Ability to design programs that utilise adult learning principles whilst also taking into account the diversity of needs and learning styles of students.
- Knowledge of Recovery College principles, co-production and the role of emancipatory education in transforming lives
- Knowledge of contemporary understandings of recovery and mental distress
- Experience in education resource development
- Ability to coach and support others to develop and deliver effective, recovery oriented learning programs.
- Understanding of the barriers to engagement that people with expertise by experience encounter in relation to education and ways to overcome these.
- Ability to work autonomously and develop the scope of the role and guide new directions as well working collaboratively with others and contributing positively to team culture.
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills to maximise opportunities for WARCA expansion
- Awareness of community development principles
- Demonstrates values based practice
- Has an awareness and understanding of the lived experience literature
What we offer
In addition to joining a professional and dynamic team, you will work in a supportive and positive environment with staff that live by HelpingMinds’ values and have a strong focus on community needs. We understand the importance of health and wellbeing and offer an employee wellness program.
- Generous tax-free salary packaging benefits where you can package up to $15,900 per annum
- ICT Equipment: Surface Pro laptop, mobile phone
- Four weeks annual leave with 17.5% leave loading
- Two additional wellness days per year to support your own mental health
How to Apply
To apply for this position and take the next steps towards a rewarding career with HelpingMinds, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
For more information, contact the Recruitment team on 08 9427 7100
HelpingMinds is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in the workplace. We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTIQIA+, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, and people with lived experience of mental health issues and of supporting family members with mental health issues.