HelpingMinds® offers free professional youth counselling, education and support to young people ages 8 -17 years who have a friend or family member with a mental health issue.
Counselling appointments operate for 30-60 minutes weekly or fortnightly.
All counsellors are professionally trained and qualified and use therapies suited to each young person’s needs.
• assistance to develop coping strategies, self esteem and increase confidence
• support to young people in the school environment
• education on mental illness
• group workshops
• connecting young people to local agencies and community groups
• support to young people seeking employment or further education
• social and recreational outings
• support with practical needs they may have eg: school resources and transport