Talk It Out and YoungMinds
Are similar programs with Talk It Out being offered in the Perth metro area and YoungMinds in regional WA.
Every family is unique with different circumstances, experiences, hopes and strengths.
At times some families will need a helping hand and Talk It Out / YoungMinds is here to assist where possible. Talk It Out / YoungMinds is a FREE service for 0-18 yrs old who are experiencing difficulties in their lives or at risk of developing a mental health issue. A holistic approach is utilised with the child or young person to identify their own goals and areas of strength in their lives.
Workers can provide individual support to children and young people to identify areas of strengths and concerns in their lives.
- Informal counselling and mentoring
- Assistance to engage in social and community groups
- Advocacy, information, and education for young people and their family
- Collaboration and coordination with other community agencies
- Referral to alternative services if required
- Outreach support in the community at an agreed location
To develop community and school engagement, the Talk It Out /YoungMinds team offers specialised workshops to create a nurturing, fun environment where young people in the community can come together in a safe space to work on empowering and achieving goals. Each workshop is uniquely based around the culture needs of the community, and has the flexibility to be tailored to different interests or needs of young people.
Topics of interest may include:
- Family and relationships
- Safety-at home, schools, and the community
- Coping skills
- Understanding and managing aggression
- Mental Health and self-care
- Building self-esteem
- Managing emotions and feelings
- Bullying and conflict resolution
We accept referrals from health agencies, schools, family members, or young people seeking assistance